Structure Engineer (JO015890) Qatar
- Projects Engineering documents are reviewed efficiently, in time.
- Projects tasks/studies are well managed as per COMPANY standards and contractual requirements, with a placement in dues times of proposed deviations.
- All the technical interfaces with the design team are correctly managed,
- pre-FEED and FEED meet the organization’s safety regulations, reach the quality conformance and are performed within schedule,
- Project bases of designs are robust and secure the Pre FEED, the next project phases and finally the operation phases.
- Engineering dossier (pre-FEED, then FEED) is delivered with a robust structural definition aligned with clear basis of design, a consolidated project scope, a clear project statement of requirement
- Communication is efficient with all other COMPANY engineering and functional team members,
- Optimizations and design selections considers properly HSE and operational impacts
- Internal and external technical reviews (Project reviews, etc.) are done and completed.
- Design of the projects is optimized (CAPEX and OPEX) to obtain a fit for purpose unit: safe for construction, operation, maintenance.
- Ensure efficient communication with all other COMPANY engineering and functional team members.
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities,
- Carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- Follow-up Pre FEED activities progress related to Structural systems for the Major Projects by the contractors. The scope of activities will concern green field (new development) activities. The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design basis, SOR, Company specifications, Corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules.
- Supervise, control, review and co-ordinate structural Engineering development in compliance with project specifications and procedures, COMPANY specifications, discipline requirements and international codes, with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to this project,
- Ensure a regular and accurate weight and centre of gravity (CoG) monitoring and reporting to management,
- Detail and monitor the structural interface parameters between jacket and topsides,
- Define, follow up and evaluate the structural discipline studies to be carried out by Contractors,
- Identify any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of execution, subject to management approval.
- Promote alternatives for structural design to reduce and to optimise the offshore installations weight,
- Identify potential deviations from the COMPANY referential and report these to the Engineering Manager for final decision on whether or not to implement,
- Ensure that design is standardized across the various wellhead platforms and is cost effective, in line with management strategy,
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance,
- Participate actively in technical decision making, in meetings with potential contractors and vendors,
- Participate in the technical analysis of offers and assist in vendor selection,
- Assistance in the finalization of contractual documents,
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management,
- Provide technical answers to technical queries and provide support in deviations requests related to structural issues,
- Manage assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office), when required.
Context And Environment
- Engineering development can take place in Doha – Qatar, or in Engineering CTR premises in Kuala Lumpur, Paris, London or Doha..
- Possibility of multiple worldwide missions or relocations to follow-up engineering development with various contractors.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Qualification: Master degree in structural engineering,
- Experience: minimum 10 years’ experience as structural engineer in structural field in Oil and Gas activities. Extensive experience in structural engineering with relevant experience within the offshore oil and gas production industry,
- Available for technical missions worldwide.
- Computer literate, especially in structural calculation software.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Offshore experience is required,
- Familiar with Company general specifications is a plus, and with relevant codes and standards,