Electrical Technician (JO015476) Grandpuits-Bailly-Carrois, France
- Have a full knowledge of the Feasibility and Final Study Engineering package
- Have a full knowledge of the Engineering Contractors scope as per the Contract
- Have a full understanding of the Engineering Contractors Schedule and the activities anddeliverables for the discipline and be a driver to ensure the latter are achieved in a timely
- Prior to commencing work, agree with the Project Manager the proposed budget for thework to be undertaken
- Ensure that all tasks assigned by the Project Manager are completed on time and withinbudget
- Attend internal / external design reviews and other meetings, as necessary
- Attend internal training courses as requested by the Engineering Manager and be awareof external training courses which could be of benefit
- Keep up to date with and adhere to Company and Project related procedures
- Make himself/herself fully familiar with Company Common Engineering Specifications andits local amendments and ensure deviation requested are raised accordingly, logged andfollowed up.. Give the appropriate feedback to the workgroup.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Ensure that the As Built documentation is reviewed correctly and correctly taken into the
- Is responsible for the Document Distribution Matrix for the respective discipline area.
- Approve the material requisition for budget bid inquiry and pass to Project Manager forfinal approval.
- Perform a detailed quality check of the Electrical Work package before budget bid inquiry
- Review technical bid evaluations and approve accordingly
- For any defined long lead items follow up of the supply and Vendors’ drawing check inaccordance with the project quality plan and carry out vendors’ visits for inspectionpurposes
- And for any defined long lead items participate actively in Vendor contract negotiations,Kick-off meetings, and visits to expedite information etc.
- Support the exercise to define the spare parts, for 2 years commissioning and Start-upand for capital spares; ensure these are in the estimate
- Contribute as a team member, and liaise with other disciplines and the Engineering and
- Procurement Contractor as necessary for IDC checks etc., to minimise costs andefficiently co-ordinate planned work scopes.
- Follow up closely the engineering and procurement schedules ensuring the activities for the discipline are completed in a timely manner.
- Attend internal progress meetings and meetings as required with the Engineering
- Review and approve all electrical changes after “Approved for Design” level is reached.
- Participate actively in the Contractors planning and monitor overall progress andperformance by frontline activities identifying any areas of concern and implementation orinstigation of appropriate remedial actions
- Actively participate in audits of both the Contractor and Vendors.
- Give input to the Engineering Manager to keep track of the process defects, nonconformities, as stated in the Contract with the Engineering Contractor.
- Perform risk Assessment continuously in his area.
HS & E Responsibilities
- Subscribe to and comply with Project HSE Policy and Management System
Specific responsibilities include:
- Approve / comment on all relevant documents in respect to the discipline.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years of working experience
- Several years working experience in Project Engineering & Design as Leaddiscipline engineer.
Specific Training / Specialist Skills
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Vast knowledge of the discipline
- Trained in Project Management
- Knowledge of International directives on the discipline
- Previous knowledge of Electrical installations
- Technical experience, preferably in a maintenance or Project environmentworking with Contactors.
- Comprehensive Onshore Construction and investment project Experience
- Working experience in multicultural environment
- Experience of polymerisation plants is important