QC Painting Superintendent (JO014887) Qatar
- To review and approve the painting, coating and Quality/Inspection documentation issued by the Contractor and Subcontractors.
- Coordinate the quality control activities linked to painting, coating and corrosion during Offshore brownfield and hook-up activities.
- Review Painting Procedures;
- Review and approved the material certificates.
- Validate the different PQT and validation of painting operators.
- To monitor the painting progress, including the closure of painting punches remaining from Contractor’s yard.
- Issue or review Contractor Non-Conformance reports and validate dispositions.
- Participate in the change management process (Technical Query, Deviation Request) with the support of MP Corrosion Engineer.
- Review and approve the different inspection reports issued by the Contractor on a daily basis. Witness inspection activities based on the Quality Control Plan (ITP).
- Ensure that CTR’s personnel are qualified for the task they’ve been assigned to.
- Manage all Company quality inspections related to painting, coating and corrosion activities. Participate in the weekly meeting and in the issuance of weekly report and KPIs.
- In coordination with Head Projects QA/QC, participate in Contractor investigations of significant Quality failures. Ensure proper root cause analysis of Contractor Quality failures is undertaken, and conclusions are reached, and corrective actions undertaken.
- Review manufacturing records books.
- Assist reporting during all phases and more particularly the close-out report and lesson learn.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Education to HND/BTS level or COMPANY approved equivalent in engineering discipline.
- Painting & Coating qualification level III (NACE/SSPC), or ACQPA-FROSIO / FROSIO Red Card certified, or Painting & Coating BGAS Level I certified.
- Professional Experience (number of years): 15.
- Experience within project: (number of years): 10.
- Construction, offshore brownfield and hook-up experience is required on wellhead platform, topsides, structure, piping and practical knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as EN and ISO. Experience on construction yard is required.
- A good knowledge of Company Standards and International codes/standards related to design, fabrication and inspection.
- Comprehensive knowledge in coating, painting, passivation, insulation and cathodic protection. Good leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
- Language: English mandatory. BOSIET + H2S.