Project Accountant (JO015049) Doha, Qatar
Apply financial knowledge and skills on division specific accounting and reporting issues whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts and standards. Collect and analyze financial data.
- Timely preparation of reports and analysis related to direct and allocated project / operating cost.
- Timely preparation of project summary reports such as green book, well-wise reports, IO vs WBS, and cost tracker reconciliations.
- Prepare inventory movement analysis and provide meaningful explanation on movements.
- Reviewing project cost, invoices, SES and administration of the same in SAP.
- Ensure timely preparation of project accruals and other accounting adjustment entries and upload of the same to SAP.
- Perform project cash forecasts to meet cash requirements. Manage timely preparation of funding/cash calls/ billing statements for the projects including analysis of actual cash expenditures vs cash call to optimize cash balances.
- Assist in developing WP&B inputs for all project and operating activities including headcount verification, expenditure phasing and validation with project plan.
- Assist in preparation of WP&B packs for management and provide meaningful analysis comparing pervious submission against current year WP&B.
- Ensure complete and accurate upload of budget/forecast to BPC and validate the same.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Commerce.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 3 years of experience in Accounting and Finance experience, Prior experience working with Projects related business units is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of financial recording and reporting tools.
Technical and Business Skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmes and SAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients.