HSE Head Yard (1234567) Karimun, Indonesia
Key Job Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development a ‘Proactive Safety Culture’ at Fabrication Yard in which safety leadership and values drive continuous improvement and creates an environment of trust, transparency and genuine care for people
- Implement the Project Safety Plan and ensure the effective implementation of the Contractors’ Project Safety Management System and Procedures at Fabrication Yard including:
- HSES Risk Management Program to ensure that project-specific risks are identified, assessed, mitigated via reduced consequence and likelihood, and communicated, enabling project to be executed safely and efficiently and meeting project objectives. Ensure that risks mitigations include documented method statements and Job-Safety Analyses
- HSES Audit and Verification Programs to ensure that risk controls and barriers are properly implemented. This includes regular and proactive safety inspections covering all work activity and locations.
- HSES Observation Program of ongoing work activity to identify safe and at-risk behaviors, adopting best practices using mobile applications to capture and track safety performance data in ‘real-time’, and using predictive modelling techniques that rapidly identify trending hazards to ensure necessary safety improvements can be identified and implemented for immediate effect
- HSES Training Program to ensure competency of workforce and increase awareness and understanding of safe working practices. This includes initial onboarding and induction training for all project team with periodic follow-up; supervisory development training ; task-specific training.
- Emergency Response Plan to ensure that all likely emergency response scenarios are identified, assessed and contingency measures put in place. Coordinates with Contractor Emergency Response Team to ensuring the effective implementation of the Contractors’ Emergency Response Plans
- Security Plan to ensure the security and protection of the projects’ people, worksites, material, equipment, plant, executed work and completed assets. Acts as the PMT point-of-contact for security issues. Coordinates with Contractor Security Lead to ensure that Security risk assessments are conducted; that risk management plans are established at all locations; and that all necessary security arrangements are fully implemented
- Occupational Health Program to ensure the health and wellbeing of project team
- Incident Investigation to ensure that HSES incidents, and near misses are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to ensure safe working practices are maintained and improved.
- HSES Reporting Program using Leading & Lagging Key Performance Indicators to monitor HSES performance against objectives; and to communicate and report on HSES performance, HSES issues and risks, and developing trends to HSES Manager and Yard Fabrication Team and all relevant stakeholders
- Actively participate in:
- Lessons Learned Program to actively and continuously capture learnings from project activities; to learn from our successes and failings to identify opportunities and warning signals to improve our safety performance
- Site HSES Steering Committee in conjunction with PMT and Contractor Yard management to review HSES performance and identify priorities and actions
- Maintain interfaces, including with:
- Yard Fabrication Team to ensure that HSES issues are resolved promptly and effectively
- Project Management Team to provide feedback on HSES issues; to expedite closure of lessons learned; to provide feedback on HSES performance generally
- To conduct other HSES related tasks as directed by Project QHSE Manager and/or Fabrication Manager
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 12 years broad experience in execution of major projects, including at least 8 years involvement in the yard fabrication of offshore production facilities.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a supervisory capacity of health & safety management.
- Minimum five years experience working in the Middle East, with prior experience executing projects within the State of Qatar strongly preferred.
- Taproot© Root Cause Analysis or internationally recognised equivalent.
- Knowledge of International Oil & Gas Producers Reports (IOGP).
- Behavioural Based Safety programs.
- Overseas HSE Management experience in Asian Fabrication Yards.
- Experience in fabrication, construction, mechanical completion and commissioning activities.
- Sound knowledge of BSEN 12811-1:2003 - Scaffolds — Performance requirements and general design, SG4:15 and NASC TG20:13.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decisions using presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage development and implementation of Projects Managements Systems adapted to Oil & Gas industry.
- Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook e-mail systems.