Pre Assembly Site Engineer (JO015901) Saint-Nazaire, France
Role / Purpose
On site WTG Engineer role, monitoring all WTG component delivery, preservation, punch list, pre commissioning, tower pre-assembly and installation vessel load-out activities across the GE site. As the eyes and ears of the PBG project team you will be responsibility for ensuring all preparations for the offshore installation activities are undertaken safely, correctly and efficiently. This role would require the engineer to be out on the harbour monitoring all activities to support the WTG hub supervisor with the overall management of the Pre Assembly Harbour Site from the client side.
- Support in managing the client aspects of the pre-assembly site.
- Overall site HSEQ compliance including CDM.
- Reviewing and monitoring all storage and pre-assembly works.
- Support the Hub supervisor in managing incoming quality inspections and punch list activities – coordinate PBG inspection teams.
- Support the Hub supervisor in managing combined test activities – coordinate PBG pre commissioning teams.
- Support the Hub supervisor and the Transport and Installation Coordinator for surveillance of load-out of components on the installation vessel and reverse logistics.
- Manage/support client inputs to pre-assembly.
- Site Administration tasks – site costs, documentation control, timesheets.
- Complete contractual inspection requirements.
- Coordination of offshore Client Reps.
- Ensure HSQE requirements are respected during all pre-assembly load out and installation activities
- Ensuring that Site Management procedures are followed by GE and its sub-contractors.
- Administration / document control.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role (Construction / package management / Pre assembly)
- Experience working in offshore renewables preferably in a site based role.
- Heavy lift and transportation background
- Mechanical/Electrical punch list supervisory/ management experience
- Some commissioning experience in a client based role
- Experience working in a site based collaborative team environment.
- Fluent in English and French is a must have
- GWO Basic Safety Training
- IOSH – Managing Safety for Offshore Renewables (Desirable).
- Coordination of short notice of documentation reviews.
- Complete daily project reports.
- Attending GE daily site meetings.
- Management / mitigation of WTG installation hazards identified during HAZID’s.
- Ensuring all location specific aspects of the WTG components are completed ahead of load-out
- Monitor GE site inductions and training records.
- Monitor component repair works.
- Track all incoming component deliveries – coordinate inspections.
- Monitor lifting works and ensure agreed plans are followed.
- Monitor installation and updates of GE equipment (I.E Condition Monitoring systems)
- Review lifting plans / RAMS / work instructions / storage procedures.
- Monitor GE subcontract teams, particularly for preservation, punch list & tower assembly.
- Undertake weather analysis, monitoring and forecasting.
- Supporting the WTG installation contractor with the mobilisation of the Installation vessel.
- Provide data and information to the WTG Hub Supervisor so he can produce and review Daily Progress Reports for Pre-assembly Site (collating Weather Down Time data)
- Provide status and record of all activities
- Review of all documentation generated.
- Participation in Walk downs and management of snag lists.
- Ensure WTG supplier follows approved project installation sequence.
- Ensure jacking / mooring plans, plus personnel transfer procedures are followed for all vessels.
- Coordinate with GE to ensure all permits are obtained ahead of Installation work commencing.
- Monitor waste disposal / recycling of TP covers and temporary navigation aids.
- Monitoring the construction programme and reporting any concerns to the WTG package.
- Promoting lesson learnt to optimize the installation programme.
- Monitor WTG location assignment including lettering and site specific