Project Control Lead (JO016355) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD550 - USD600 per day|
Key Job Accountabilities
- Provide management and technical direction for all facets of the division (scheduling, planning, reporting, change order cost estimating and cost engineering) by establishing a set of project control procedures, guidelines and flow charts to suit project requirements and needs to support management decision making process.
- Lead project control activities, coordinating input from PMT functions such as engineering, construction, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring effective project control measures are executed by the Contractor and sub-contractor organisations, with particular emphasis on schedule management, planning and progress monitoring, recommend modifications to management to ensure Company and PMT standards and requirements are met.
- Provide an interface between Project Manager, Business Manager, PMT members and EPC Contractor with respect to cost and schedule performance, reporting and approvals.
- Responsible for implementing and updating the Project Control Plan, as required.
- Coordinate the collecting, consolidating, analysing and reporting all project cost and schedule, control, trend and progress measurement information to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas identified. Produces cost estimates on the project as requested by Project Leadership.
- Review project changes evaluating any schedule and/or cost impact; responsible for incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes into overall cost and schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Manage project workforce planning and resourcing, ensuring changes are managed fairly using consistent decision making criteria across the project.
- Monitor Contractor’s performance and progress in areas of project controls, scheduling, reporting, progress monitoring and cost estimating assessing any discrepancies and reverting to Contractor for clarifications/corrections. Establishes and maintains appropriate planning systems, fully integrated, and appropriate for the project.
- Review invoices for compliance and completeness, liaise with the contractors and/or suppliers and the Accounts Payable Department in the resolution of queries and disputes. Provides data for accounting and auditing functions and ensures EPC Contractor’s accounting systems meet Company audit requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business degree related subject or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 12 years’ experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business management including project controls, cost and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management and 3 years supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams and as Lead of control for mega projects.