Technical Assistant – Engineering (JO014373) Doha, Qatar
Provides a high level of clerical support in coordinating technical, logistical and administrative activities to the Engineering Team, adhering to established Company procedures and processes ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Support the Engineering Team in managing all administrative aspects of the project to ensure the technical objectives of the Engineering Team are met within the approved scope, quality, budget and schedule.
- Review databases, check complex administration work for accuracy and compliance and ensure the reliability of information gathered to ensure consistency and quality of administration activities within the Project.
- Maintain, organise, analyse, update and retrieve data from Engineering registers, SAP, Access, appropriate data files and update records accordingly. Raise workflows as and when required.
- Contribute to the preparation and compilation of reports, statistics and presentations ensuring company formatting and documentation standards are met.
- Anticipate and resolve information processing and handling problems proactively in order to
- Act as focal point for initiation of IT and security related matters to ensure stakeholders arrive promptly at their destination.
- Coordinate logistical and administrative related activities including booking transport, employees attending training workshop, office moves and procurement of required materials necessary, ensuring availability of sufficient stock of items including stationary, PPE and other related consumables.
- Acts as a focal point for internal and external visitors, department meetings / workshops.
- Act as a Engineering team focal point for monthly timesheet collection, overtime authorization, approval and distribution from MSA and SIS Inspectors.
- Cooordinates Engineering Team leave rotations with site leaders and updates coverage calendars.
- High School (Year 12) Certificate or higher qualification.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- 6 years' of relevant experience, preferably within the oil & gas industry and with 3 years broad experience with projects and worldwide contractors and vendors.
Technical and Business Skills :
- Proficient command of written and spoken English.
- Advanced keyboard and PC Skills.
- Advanced knowledge of standard computer software.
- Knowledge of some financial and budgetary processes.