Offshore Scada & Communication Systems Engineer (1234567) Paris, France
Engineering activities for the implementation of the SCADA and Communication systems to be part of the OSS, IAG, WTG, FON packages, its interfaces and associated design activities.
During commissioning phase, in charge of supervision of the SCADA and Communication systems commissioning activities for the packages. Secure progress, and quality of commissioning activities, ensuring that works and deliverables comply with the required HSE, costs, quality & schedule.
Ensure that the technical departments' best practices are implemented.
Key Responsibilities And Tasks
SCADA & Communication systems Design activities:
- Compliance review of design standards, norms, state of the art, good engineering and industry practices, lessons learnt from other similar projects...
- Review and validation of SCADA & Communication systems design basis
- Management and follow-up of in-house and third party detailed design (if any)
- SCADA & Communication interfaces design between different packages
- Interaction with relevant project members
- Contractors Follow up
- Ensure required commissioning procedures for SCADA & Communication systems and in particular for offshore tests, NCR, taking over installation and handover to O&M activities are produced,
- Review and comment Contractor’s commissioning documentation and challenge the proposed commissioning plan and procedures,
- Participate in all relevant reviews such as early HAZOPs, HAZIDs, technical reviews, planning, organization, contract, etc.)
SCADA & Communication systems Commissioning activities:
- Ensure 0 harm HSE policy; Deep involvement in HSE on a daily basis,
- Review the Commissioning Plan and associated procedures to coordinate the commissioning activities related to SCADA & Communication systems,
- Ensure that the commissioning activities are carried out according to the contracts and optimized with regards to time, costs & QHSE,
- Ensure human resources, services and tools required to perform the work have been identified and are mobilized on due time by the Contractor,
- Instruct and coordinate on-site inspections,
- Participate actively in interfaces management with other parties,
- Participate actively in the HSE and Quality aspects regarding commissioning activities and risk assessment and reviews and provide recommendations to the project regarding risks and opportunities related to the commissioning activities,
- Ensure reporting to the OSS, IAG, WTG, FON Package Technical Lead and Commissioning Manager regarding the commissioning activities,
- Ensure internal lessons learnt sessions are performed and actions are implemented in order to optimize the commissioning,
- Be familiar with the specific contracts clauses relative to or potentially impacting the commissioning activities.
- General knowledge on electrical systems
- Technical knowledge and experience on control systems
- Technical skills on SCADA systems and architecture, communication network (SCADA/DCS)
- Technical skills on communication protocols (OPC DA/UA, Modbus TCP, IEC 61400, IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-104)
- Technical skills on communication systems ( VHF, 4G/LTE, Wifi, VoIP and telephony, PA system