Sql Database Administrator (357939) Maitland, Florida
The primary purpose of this role is to install, design, implement, upgrade, and optimize the performance of databases required to operate Allscripts software solutions.
- Write scripts to fully automate configuration and maintenance of databases including creation of fully configured database environments, data migration, monitoring, and release management.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Understand how the company's application/product uses the databases and work with the application development team to optimize schema, queries, stored procedures, and functions to achieve optimum application performance with respect to the database.
- Perform peer review of changes to the production databases.
- Implement and maintain a CI/CD process for database updates for software releases.
- SSIS development/management
Academic and professional qualifications
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant database experience
- Must be detail orientated and have excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or similar; with 3+ years of DBA / database development experience in MS Sql.
- Working experience with SSIS development.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, replication techniques, clustering, authentication, partitioning and security issues in a SaaS operations environment.
- Experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption.
- Experience with DevOps environments using configuration management systems such as MS Database project and Subversion/VSTS.
- Experience in Azure Sql and Cosmos Db.
- Depends upon the project/program needs
- Hours required to complete projects/assignments