Mechanical Design Engineer (VC13381) Malton, England
|Salary:||GBP34000 - GBP37000 per annum|
Job title – Mechanical Design Engineer
Location – Outskirts of Malton, YO17
Duration – Perm/Full-time
Sector – Engineering
Applications – email@example.com
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a Specialist Manufacturer. Due to continued success and growth they are looking to add to their design team to assist in new product development and deliver to customers.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical design, model and detail drawings of components, sub-assemblies and top level assembly
- Creating BOMs, build method instructions, process instructions and production routing cards.
- Helping to provide costings through use of in-house production/planning software.
- Hands on assembly and support assembly team with new design assembly
- Creating compliance matrices against customer purchase specifications. Checking parts are designed to IEC standards.
- Archiving and updating of production records.
- Modelling and assembly of testing fixtures for assembly dept.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who has the following skills and experiences:
- Experience working with metal work machinery
- Familiar with design of machine components/ assembly works ( bringing parts together)
- An understanding of manufacturing processes (CNC machining, casting, brazing, soldering, heat treatment, finishing etc)
- Must have experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Team Player
- Friendly, persuasive and assertive
- Can do attitude/problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills/ forward planner
- Passion about what you do
To apply for this role as Mechanical Design Engineer, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.