Structural Engineer (VC12298) Malton, England
|Salary:||GBP25000 - GBP35000 per annum|
This is a fantastic opportunity to move into a leading manufacturing company as a Structural Engineer. As a Structural Engineer you will be working in a cutting-edge innovative environment based in North Yorkshire, commutable from York, Malton, Pickering, Leeds, Scarborough, with on-site parking available.
The role of Structural Engineer will include:
- Produce accurate and economical structural designs based on drawings and/or specifications provided by customers whilst applying relevant standards and codes of practice.
- Calculation of applied loadings, forces and stress distributions in structural members and matching these requirements to the performance of the structural product range.
- Attend design meetings where appropriate to provide professional system advice and assistance.
- Produce bill of materials based on own designs generated from drawings supplied for costing by the sales team. This may include marked up drawings or sketches of product use and layout.
The successful Structural Engineer will provide advice and assistance to customers as well as our sales team. You will work closely with internal stakeholders and build working relationships with customers and specifying engineers to promote the use of their products. We want to speak to Structural Engineers, who display the following:
- Experience in design of industrial buildings and/or the design of cold formed sections would be advantageous
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook and a focus on high quality work.
- Experience of 2D & 3D modelling software such as AutoCad and Tekla would be advantageous.
- Personable team player and customer focused with the ability to build long lasting relationships.
The successful Structural Engineer will be working in a highly supportive and progressive environment, with great opportunities for further training and development. It also offers longevity and the opportunity to make your mark in a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
This role would also suit graduates who have a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and who are looking for their first role in industry. Full training in this instance will be provided.