Controls Engineer (20798) Plymouth, England
|Salary:||GBP48000 - GBP54000 per annum + double days|
Controls Engineer – Plymouth, Devon
£48,000 – 54,000
We are currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer for a world-renowned manufacturing company based in Plymouth.
Pension, Life assurance 4 x salary or 6 x salary for employees making enhanced pension contributions, Free onsite parking, Access to fully funded accredited qualifications/training for employees, families and friends, 25 days leave plus Bank Holidays. Service days apply in line with length of service, AVIVA Healthcare for employee, spouse or partner and dependent children up to 24 years old
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support all the PLC and software systems within the manufacturing department. These systems will include electronic standard operating procedures, automated data farming, visual inspection systems and future production machining and assembly automation.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of all Mitsubishi PLC control units on site
- Programming of all new PLCs and associated peripheral devices that are introduced into the production environment.
- Developing new IT-based assembly and test systems to improve productivity and quality.
- Involved in productivity-related projects, such as electronic OEE collection, control charts and front end visual control software.
- As the primary Controls Engineer you will be expected to participate in many improvement project teams. This will involve technical input to projects on electronic & software systems and methods.
- Ensure that the software or PLC automation process is capable and in control by using SPC to monitor key product & process characteristics, identifying violations and assisting in remedial actions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Update and maintain all existing PLC control systems and be responsible for the PLC programs held on those systems.
• Develop new systems in line with production requirements.
• Lead in the procurement (CEA) of Capital investment for production automation via software and electronic PLC controls and new technology.
• Produce new technologies and methods to help innovate processes.
• Lead problem solving – (Six Sigma, Lean, SPC tools).
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar please contact our Consultant George Carter directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them for a confidential discussion on 01275 371981
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk