Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Bedfordshire, England
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Currently seeking an experienced electrical design engineer who is proficient in the use of SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional. Recent experience of special purpose machinery design and automation is preferred for this role.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
• Electrical design for new projects, turning concepts into cost-effective machine designs.
• Customisation of existing designs to customer specification.
• Responsible for all electrical design aspects of projects through to final machine delivery.
• Specification of devices and materials including control gear, safety systems and circuit protection devices etc.
• Preparation of design packages including detailed circuit drawings, Bills-of-Materials and related documentation.
• Ability to carry out risk assessments within a pre-defined framework.
• Supplier liaison.
• Technical support to all staff and customers worldwide.
• Customer site visits may be required from time to time.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Recent knowledge and experience of electrical design of automated process equipment.
• Proficient user of SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional and AutoCAD 2D design software.
• Must be able to prepare electrical circuit drawings.
• PLC / Software diagnosis skills advantageous.
• An ability to design associated pneumatic circuit schematics would be advantageous.
• Experience of creating detailed Bill-of-Materials.
• A track record of effectively analysing / driving solutions to problems in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to plan own workload and realistically set and achieve targets in a project-based environment.
• Good inter-personal skills, teamwork, hands-on approach and a desire to be involved throughout the entire product life cycle.
• A willingness to listen to people and their experiences in order to generate new ideas and concepts.
• Excellent attention to detail and a right-first-time attitude.
• HND / Degree qualified electrical or controls engineer or documented equivalent experience.
Salary: TBC Benefits: Pension and Healthcare
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".