Platform Systems Engineer
Location: Bristol, England
Salary: GBP40 - GBP45.43 per hour
Platform Systems Engineer
Rate: to 45.43ph
Duration: 6 months
These roles will be based in Bristol but may require frequent UK travel and occasion foreign travel.
Skills, qualifications & knowledge
You will have knowledge and experience in several of the following areas:
• A degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
• Demonstrable experience of the systems engineering lifecycle, with particular focus on early lifecycle phases
• Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
• Ability to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking
• A proven track record in schedule adherence and achieving high standards
• Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics
• Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks
• Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
• Previous experience of working with IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) systems.
• Worked with Regulatory Authorities.
• Previous experience in conducting End to End test planning and execution.
• Hands on experience with some of the software tools used on the programme, DOORS, System Architect, Teamcenter, SAP is preferred. Where this is not available, experience in similar toolsets with a good understanding on how the capability works is required.
Key responsibility areas:
This position is a hands-on role ensuring Technical input is delivered for assigned platforms.
• Applying your knowledge of systems engineering to undertake assigned activities, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
• Work closely with engineering and other functions within the team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems
• Working to ensure delivery of the technical solution for the allocated platforms ahead of schedule, to achieve IOC and FOC.
• Working with PDOs and their technical team to ensure Maturity Design Gate Reviews are held and achieved ahead of schedule.
• Working hands on with guidance and support from specialists to ensure that all engineering aspects are considered and assessed through Maturity Design Gate Reviews to ensure design integrity, including Systems Architecture (MODAF) Human Factors, System Design, Configuration Management, ILS, Security, Safety and Interoperability with other platform systems.
• Update and maintenance of all platform documentation, including Platform Requirements Database (DOORS), and the Verification and Validation Requirements Matrix (VVRM)
• Completing tasks in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures to a high standard.
The Platform Systems Engineer role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".