Data Scientist (22.06.2022) Qatar
- Support and provide advice to the Business Intelligence and Analytics team in creating insights gained from analyzing relevant company data. Obtain information from various sources and analyze for a better understanding about how the business performs and to build Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that automate certain processes within the company.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Primary focus will be applying data mining techniques, conducting statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Role is responsible for using large data sets to locate opportunities for process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Major challenge of the role includes
- using a variety of data mining or data analysis methods utilizing a variety of data tools,
- building and implementing models using and creating algorithms
- and creating and running simulations for complex Information Technology (IT) scenarios and solutions.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Analyze and examine data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Conduct data mining activities using state-of-the-art methods in support of the ML projects.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Completing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner when required.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and conduct constant tracking of its performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or Information Systems or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years of IT experience within Oil & Gas industry with specific experience establishing IT systems and applications.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining and social network analysis.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM & Decision Forests.
- Experience with common data science toolkits and data visualization tools.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig and SAP HANA.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase and SAP HANA.
Technical and Business Skills
- High standard of written and Spoken English.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office) including the use of software applications and SAP modules.
- Awareness in applying standards, practices, codes, assessment and certification programs relevant to IT industry.
- Compliance towards IT and business continuity risks and their mitigation.