Solution Integration & Operations Engineer (22.06.2022) Saudi Arabia
Our client is looking for a Solution Integration & Operations Engineer to support its current teams.
In the perimeter of DevOps Team, the contractor will participate in the operations (RUN phase) and delivery (BUILD Phase where needed) of its solutions to end customers. The contractor will work with the teams (mainly Project managers, Service Delivery Managers, R&D department and other DevOps members) to succeed his mission.
RUN Phase Project:
- Technical support of Cloud, On-Premises, and Hybrid services.
- Design and implement changes into the systems.
- Maintain and enhance internal tools to improve service industrialization for Cloud and On-Premises services.
- Provide technical guidance for new or evolution of services and for consolidated technical analyses.
- Lead the optimization of service reliability, performance and security.
- Provide technical direction when CAB requires tier II input, expertise or changes with high-risk impacts on customer SLAs.
- Responsible for product and technical knowledge ramp-up of the Tier II Support team.
- Participate in the definition of production requirements.
- Manage performance. Track and report critical supply and demand metrics. Use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and track results.
- Participate at the preparation and review of technical product & customer specific documentation.
- Maintain all technical documentation up to date and with quality.
- Participate in the 24/7 shift rotation in the team.
Build Phase Project:
- Install and configure the solution on hardware or VMware.
- Integrate the solution at the customer site or hosted, connecting with customer backend or core network elements.
- Write some technical documentation.
- Review the customer acceptance plan documents and updated if needed.
- Follow the company’s process and best practices defined within DES.
- Assist the development and validation team during the project.
- Provide visibility to Validation Technical Leader and Project Manager on his/her work progress (actual and estimated time to complete tasks).
- Execute the acceptance test plan with the customers.
- Write the Operation and Maintenance Guide (OMG).
- Degree in computer Science, Telecom, or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Unix systems - Must have basic linux experience (at least 1 year using Linux). Needs to know by hard basic linux commands (ps, netstat, rsync, netcat, umask).
- Shell or python or perl scripting programming - Needs to be able to read & understand basic shell scripts. Must be autonomous in one of the 3 languages for Linux tasks automation (bash, python, perl).
- Network (LAN, WAN, Web, Security).
- TCP/IP protocol and client/server architecture.
- SQL language.
- Apache and other webservers.
Optional skill (but desired)
- ELK Stack.
- Log analysis and troubleshooting.
- SOAP and HTTP protocols.
- WebLogic Server.
- Veritas Cluster (installation, configuration, and design).
- MySQL Database Administration
- Oracle Database Administration.
- Amazon web services.
- Understanding of Java EE (language, architecture, concepts).
- Storage technologies and architecture (SAN, RAID).
Is a plus
- Main SIM Card and Global Platform standards.
- SMS-C protocols.
- Hardware architecture and sizing.
- Quotation of integration activities.
- Other Application servers: tomcat, jboss, and others.
- Geo-Redundancy concepts.
- Language written/spoken is English
- Good personal communication, oral & written presentation.
- Fast learning, result oriented.
- Self-confident and self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team player, logical reasoning.
- Ability to understand and apply priorities.
- Basic understanding of ITIL Processes.
- Conflicts resolution (internal and external).
- Customer Relationship Management, negotiation.
- Problem solving.
- Initiative, creative.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Systemic thinking.
- Detailed person, organized.
- Leadership, charismatic.