Manager of Technical Engine Management - Aircraft MRO (BBBH14798) Florida, USA
The client supports aircraft owners, operators and MROs with MRO solutions services for global aircraft operators and engineering providers within the aviation and aerospace sectors. They provide revolutionary service-led inventory supply chain programs to global commercial airlines, aircraft owners and operators. They are an industry leading aerospace specialist, having been in the game for nearly 30 years.
Reporting directly to the Vice President you will be responsible for technical engine management. The role works with customers on key programs of a technical nature with a focus on engine on-wing and engine workscope management. The role deliverables include, but are not limited to, Engineering and Maintenance Programs, Maintenance, Materials, Flight Operations, and In-Flight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Performs on-wing Engine Health Monitoring and On-Wing Troubleshooting support for customers
- Collects data from maintenance and engineering systems and performs statistical analysis to monitor, evaluate and provide solution to the operational and technical engine performance
- Analyzes technical data from aircraft maintenance log, aircraft service records, health monitoring and aircraft data to determine root cause, failure mode/trends and provide a solution to enhanced engine performance.
- Monitors delay reasons logbooks, other technical interruptions and evaluate data for failure modes/trends to come up with solution before it become on alert notice
- Performs engine workscopes, engine maintenance RFP support, maintenance invoicing reviews, materials, and repair recommendations, etc.
- Analyzes previous engine shop visits data determine expected workscope requirements and or cost evaluations cause of failures, provide recommendations for Maintenance Program adjustments.
- Provides on-site oversight of engines in WIP at 3rd Party maintenance engine shops on behalf of customers
- Provides technical guidance and assessments of asset expected value based on anticipated scrap rates, repair costs and material replacement costs
- Provides direction on work assignments, priorities and timelines.
- As necessary, coordinates efforts of suppliers, remote inventory and warehouse departments, and global personnel to resolve logistics problems.
- Advances development of product knowledge within assigned area.
- Ensures compilation of data on standardization and interchangeability of parts and data integrity with respect to engine material.
- Performs research and/or technical studies
- Utilizes computer techniques for analysis such as Excel, Word, Engine IPC’s, Service Bulletins and Engine Manuals.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree in Propulsion preferred and / or 4+ years’ experience in direct technical management of commercial engine activity focused on workscopes, On-Wing support and maintenance inspection oversight.
- Commercial engine direct hands-on experience on V2500s, CFM56-5B/7B, CF6-80 and PW4000. GTF and LEAP Experience an added value.
- Ideally, 2+ years of reliability analysis/root cause failure analysis at a 121 carrier and or an engine maintenance MRO.
- Knowledge of and experience with the following programs/processes: Maintenance Programs, Reliability/Continuing Analysis Surveillance System (CASS), Maintenance, Inspection, and Engineering Processes and or Engine Trend Monitoring Data Management.