Structural Lead (JO015343) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD300 - USD400 per day|
Responsible for all Structural engineering and design related to the Approved for Construction (AFC) dossier and ePCI deliverables.
Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti – trust and competition laws and the Company firewall policies and procedures.
- Oversees the Contractor's development of the required structural deliverables within the project budget and schedule.
- Ensures that all Project requirements, as detailed in the Scope of Work, for all structures are met.
- Facilitates interfaces among the Contractor's organization with respect to structural issues on for the areas of his responsibility.
- Provides general structural engineering technical leadership, advice, and guidance as to Qatargas practices and expectations. Supervise the Contractor structural team.
- Reviews the design work of Contractors, Consultants and other third parties, request corrections and recommends changes. Ensures that the process/plant design and operability are in accordance with the Client’s operational philosophies.
- Reviews the project job specifications prepared by the Contractor(s) and ensure they are in accordance with Company’s Engineering Guides and Design Practices.
- Submits recommendations based on Qatargas’s operating and maintenance philosophies to project management.
- Liaise with vendors, sub-vendors and sub-contarctors regarding structural engineering concerns as required. Determines acceptability of equipment, techniques and methods. Checks structural material requisitions and checks the final purchase orders are in accordance with the structural specifications.
- Participates in inspections at fabrication yards and witnesses acceptances tests.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Sructural & Civil Works or similar
- 15+ years of experience in discipline with at least 10 years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications