Software Engineering Manager I (357012) Orlando, Florida
Software Engineering Manager I
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct technical oversight over assigned projects and indirect oversight over all projects being supported by personnel he/she manages.
- Manage direct reports, including labor planning (including assigning personnel to projects), financial budgets, engineering tasking, and oversight of engineering staff in one or more engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for ensuring project work products and deliverables are developed in accordance with organizational standard processes.
- Conduct technical reviews to ensure performance and progress align with program (cost, schedule, and technical) objectives, while proactively ensuring a robust risk management posture. Prevent and remediate underperforming projects.
- Establish, reinforce and improve organizational and program processes.
- Establish and support program and organizational objectives.
- Facilitate and reinforce successful multi-disciplinary project execution.
- Solve complex technical and management problems requiring in-depth analysis of various factors.
- Interview, hire, coach, and train employees; while appraising employee performance, while rewarding and disciplining employees. Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Work with Program Mangers to develop technical proposal volume, proposal estimates, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), schedules and risk assessments.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All other duties as assigned
Basic Requirements / Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Four years Systems, Software or Hardware Engineering experience.
- Possesses advanced technical knowledge of DOD simulation technologies and products.
- Four years management/leadership experience in fast paced engineering environment.
- Demonstrated track record of success in delivering results.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.