Lead Applications Engineer (23068) Stevenage, England
|Bonus, Pension, Life Assurance, Hybrid
Lead Applications Engineer
Competitive Salary, please get in touch for more information
Pension, Bonus, Life Assurance, Hybrid Working, Wellbeing activities,
An excellent manufacturing business is currently looking for an experienced Lead Applications Engineer to join the team. This role is responsible for the design, development and introduction of sealing solutions and polymeric valve product. You will play a crucial part in all phases of the sales cycle and work with a range of excellent customers in leading industries. This a great opportunity for a motivated, experienced professional to further their career in engineering manufacturing
- Design and develop bespoke fluid handling products alongside the product manager and in line with product line strategy.
- Take a leadership role in design validation and qualification testing, planning research and development efforts, and managing sub-contracted resources
- Works closely with internal and customer engineers/technical teams to help optimise material and design elements needed for optimum sealing conditions such as: lubricant, materials, fluid level, shaft and housing hardness, surface finish, tolerance, chamfer, eccentricity, etc.
- Closely work with R&D team to support developing new materials and formulations
- Conduct comprehensive design validation activities for valves, including stress calculations, tolerance stack-up analysis, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), and other relevant design validation methodologies.
- Support sales and marketing functions with product specific presentations and communications, either through on-line webinars or customer visits.
- Manage all aspects of product life, including factory awareness of customer feedback and requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrable understanding of sealing design parameters such as temperature impact, friction, closing force, load direction and physical/mechanical properties.
- Excellent understanding and experience of engineering design, modelling and simulation software, such as AutoCAD, Inventor…
- Knowledge of DFMEA and similar structured approaches.
- Experience in seal designing, material selection, and seal testing is preferred.
- Experience in high temperature polymers (PTFE, PFA, PEEK) is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to utilise measuring equipment (i.e., dial calipers, micrometers, etc.),
- Demonstrable effective project management skills
- Ability to design seal configuration and animate the moving parts within the working envelope is preferred.
- Experience of Oil &Gas, Aerospace or Medical is preferred.
As a business our client is a true market leader within their industry with a strong presence across the UK. With a secure portfolio of clients these roles provide a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers. To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering