Staff Accountant (BBBH11246) Somers, New York
The mission of our client is to be the world's premier consumer products company focused on convenient foods and beverages. They seek to provide opportunities for growth and enrichment to our employees, our business partners and the communities in which they operate. And in everything they do, they strive for honesty, fairness and integrity.
This position will be responsible for supporting the A&M Control team in various aspects of closing the General Ledger, reconciling the Balance Sheet, preparing Journal entries, analyzing data, and problem solving.
- Record period sales curve adjustment
- Prepare period journal entries
- Complete Balance Sheet and P&L reconciliations
- Create and maintain Bev DSD BU and MU projects
- Conduct quarterly control audit of A&M expenses/payments
- Monitor GR/IR and ensure items are cleared on a timely basis
- Perform assigned SOX controls on a timely basis
- Assist in the year end accrual process.
- Perform ad hoc request as required.
Four year Accounting college degree
- MBA, CPA, Public Accounting preferred
- 2 + years of experience in Accounting or Finance function
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Access, data management, and problem solving skills
- Experience in Financial reporting and analytical tools (Oracle & Essbase is a plus)
- Ability to work and set priorities independently
Approx. Duration: 5 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.