1st Year Engineering Mechanical Apprenticeship (JO000077061) Kooragang, Newcastle, Australia
1st Year Engineering Mechanical Apprentice
Located in Newcastle - Kooragang
As a 1st Year Engineering Mechanical Apprentice you will be working alongside and learning from highly experienced tradesmen. You will be working on equipment that will be used in various sections of the worksite. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a range of competencies with this Host Employer.
Your duties will include and not be limited to:
- Fitting & machning duties in ammonia plant
- Exposure to a range of machining & fitting
- Maintain & fit engineering components, pumps & valves and instrumentation
- Work on plant shutdowns
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this opportunity ideally you will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude as well as high mathematics aptitude
- Strong communication skills and work well within a team
- Demonstrate a passion for the engineering/mining industry
- Superior safety awareness
- Long term career goals and commitment to complete the apprenticeship
- Reliable on the job, high initiative, and adaptability
- Driver's licence and own transport
- Hold a white card
- Double vaccinated against COVID-19
MEGT RMS in conjunction with our valued Host Employer, are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and hardworking applicant who has a strong desire to build a career as an Electrical Fitter in the mechanical field.
Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling. Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
- Receive a Trade qualification in Certificate 3 Engineering (Mechanical)
- Uniforms and personal protective equipment provided
- MEGT Field Officer for constant support in the Apprenticeship
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take your career to new heights and are ready to join a company who are looking to hire the industry's best and brightest talent - simply hit 'Apply' now and send your resume to MEGT today. For any enquires - please contact Ashleigh on 0400 258 129 or at ashleighholl @megt.com.au (no spaces).
The first stage of the selection process will involve a phone interview and only successful applicants will be contacted. Final interview stage will be an onsite interview with the Host Employer. The successful applicant will also be required to complete a full medical examination including drug and alcohol testing.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.