Heavy Vehicle Tyre Fitter Traineeship (JO000076073) Garbutt, Townsville, Australia
We are very proud to partner with Beaurepaires, Australia's most trusted tyre retailer. Beaurepaires are the flagship brand of Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres and are an important part of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company who employs over 69,000 people across 22 countries. Operating since 1922, the success of Beaurepaires is due to its unmatched combination of quality product range, experience and service expertise.
What's the job?
- As a Trainee Tyre Fitter your duties will include;
- Providing customer service and upselling our products & services
- Removing existing truck tyres and fitting replacements on commercial vehicles and fleet trucks
- Diagnosing and assessing truck tyre damage and wear
- Selecting correct truck tyres, tubes, rims and accessories
- Diagnosing wheel balance problems and balancing wheels
- Communicating safety and service requirements to customers instore
What's the deal with a Traineeship?
This is a 12 month traineeship and we are looking for candidates who are able to commit to the entire 12 months and beyond. This position is for the Beaurepaires Garbutt store and you will be completing a Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology. Training will be delivered in the work place and you will have up to three hours each week to put towards your studies. You will be working alongside experienced people who will provide on the job training to support you in your role.
Other benefits include;
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression on completion of your traineeship.
- Weekly wages paid as per the National Training Wage
- No course or materials costs
- Access to student concession card
- Ongoing, regular support from your MEGT Field Officer
- Opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced professionals in the field.
OK, I'm in what next?
The candidates who will become part of Beaurepaires' future will be enthusiastic, committed and motivated. We are looking for candidates who have a genuine interest in the automotive industry and are committed to gaining a trade qualification. You will also have:
- Quick to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior customer service experience
- No prior qualifications higher than a certificate II
- Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have manual drivers' licence
The successful candidate will be required to complete a medical, which will include drug and alcohol screening.
If you feel you meet most of the above requirements, submitting your application could not be easier. Simply hit 'apply' now and submit your resume to MEGT today. For more information call Ashleigh on 0400 258 129.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.