Structural Engineering Lead (123456789) Doha, Qatar
With Minimum Requirement
- Bachelor of Engineering in Structural Engineering (Advance degree is preferred)
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- 15 years of in-depth experience in discipline with at least 10 years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major offshore capital projects
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience of all the relevant structural analysis and software.
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
Technical and Business Skills
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- Direct work experience can substitute for any qualification, knowledge, Technical and Business Skills required
Roles And Responsibility
- Assimilates the Project scope and the technical requirements including the applicable regulations, the Project specific Design Basis and philosophies, the applicable Specifications and International codes and standards,
- Ensures the scope of the Structural engineering are fully implemented and control deliverables in terms of quality, schedule & HSE as per Projects requirements and oversees the Contractor's development of the required structural deliverables within the project budget and schedule and ensures that all Project requirements, as detailed in the Scope of Work, for all Structures are met.
- Facilitates interfaces among the Contractor's organization with respect to Structural issues on for the areas of his responsibility and provides general Structural Engineering technical leadership, advice, and guidance as to Company practices and expectations.
- Reviews the design work of Contractors, Consultants and other third parties, request corrections and recommends changes. Ensures that the process/plant design and operability are in accordance with the Client’s operational philosophies.
- Reviews the project job specifications prepared by the Contractor(s) and ensure they are in accordance with Company’s Engineering Guides and Design Practices and is aware of the 3D model progress and challenges and attends all related reviews
- Liaise as required with company’s shareholders Technical Authorities (TA) and committees, monitors material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, testing and transportation of the materials. Submits recommendations based on Company’s operating and maintenance philosophies to project management.
- Participate to key design workshop and ensure that Structural design recommendation are correctly implemented, and actions closed before the end of EPCI (Lessons Learned, Value Engineering, HAZID, dropped object study, engineering criticality assessment, etc.).
- Supervises the Engineering interface for Topsides, Jackets, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) and Pipeline engineering and the following teams: Operations, Drilling, Well Management, the Jacket, the pipelines from the topside’s perspective, the Onshore Project Team.
- Liaise with vendors, sub-vendors, and sub-contractors regarding structural engineering concerns as required. Determines acceptability of materials, techniques, and methods. Checks Structural / Weight Control standards, material requisitions, and checks the final purchase orders are in accordance with the Structural / Weight Control specifications. Participates in inspections at fabrication yards and witnesses’ installation & acceptances tests.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect the disciplines involved in delivery of the Structural Engineering and Design related to Topsides and Pipelines Engineering and ensures endorsement of technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
- Ensure compliance with management of change procedures for changes in the contractor’s design or deviations from the company directives.