Telecom Specialist (12345678) Doha, Qatar
With Minimum Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrument Engineering or equivalent.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- 15 years’ experience working in Telecom engineering, preferably in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry and having a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction, and operations.
- Previous knowledge of Brownfield engineering and execution required.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs etc.
Roles And Responsibility
- Ensure that the Contractor’s Telecom Engineering & Designs for the NFXP Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope), and Gas and MEG Pipelines comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Plan and schedule the Telecom engineering deliverables to enable efficient project execution, ensuring technical alignment and compliance with Company’s operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
- Supervises and ensures that the Contractor’s Functional Safety Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) Engineering and Pipeline designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Participate to key design workshop and ensure that Functional Safety design recommendation are correctly implemented, and actions closed before the end of EPCI (Lessons Learned, Value Engineering, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, engineering criticality assessment, etc.).
- Supervises the Engineering interface between the Instrument, Control and Telecom of Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) and Pipeline engineering and the following teams: Operations, Drilling, Well Management, the Jacket, the pipelines from the topside’s perspective, the Onshore Project Team.
- Supports NFE Offshore Engineering Manager in monitoring the contractor’s progress on delivery of the required documents in the Telecom of Topsides and Pipeline disciplines.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect the disciplines involved in delivery of the Instrument Control and Telecoms related to Topsides and Pipelines Engineering and ensures endorsement of Process Technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
- Ensure compliance with management of change procedures for changes in the contractor’s design or deviations from the company directives.