Sales Executive Steel (JO014457) Doha, Qatar
The incumbent will supervise and monitor the execution of sales activities assigned to their teams within their area of operation and responsibility. Build up customer contacts. Review and assess long term marketing agreements / contracts on continuous basis for their merits. Information seeking and analytical thinking are important aspects of this role as are the concern for customer satisfaction and timeliness in product delivery. Main products of concern would be Rebar, Billets and Wire Rods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Line Manager during the preparation of annual sales budgets and 5 year business plans by consolidating sales forecast and continuously monitor and report progress against plans.
- Assists the Line Manager and participate in sales negotiations of short / long term sales agreements, spot sales agreements and propose appropriate terms and conditions in line with target price and Line Manager/Management guidelines and approvals.
- Create Sales Agreements / Contracts (Long Terms and Spot) /Sales order in SAP in line with the contracts and minimum price guide lines.
- Responsible for ensuring contracts are in place for all the sales transactions and processes the renewals ahead of the time by monitoring the validity of the agreements closely.
- Responsible for ensuring that instruments of payment are established in good time and in compliance with the contract and the Muntajat procedures.
- Co-ordinate with PEs and customers and aligns sales & production plans.
- Review market trends / indices and keep abreast of new developments in the market related to supply / demand balance, competitors.
- Prepare product market summary, individual customer analysis, business netback analysis and other relevant reports as required by the Line Manager.
- Assist Line Manager in administering the product planning activity including inventory management.
- Review and monitor quotations / offers against spot enquiries created by Coordinators & Sales Agents.
- Review and validate pricing inputs compiled by Coordinators & Sales Agents.
- Monitor and administer Contract source list in SAP for PEs.
- Develop new customers, based on leads from market, sharing product samples, liaise with PEs to address on any additional queries from potential customers.
- Develop awareness of, and perform in accordance with, the companies established marketing policies and procedures.
- Maintain contacts with customers, agents and prospects. Build customer databank and attend to customers enquiries and concerns in timely manner.
- Compile and issue periodic and ad-hoc reports, statistics and graphs, required by the Line Manager, Management, Customers and other organizations.
- Create and administer daily movement plans.
- Draft and prepare memos and letters to correspond with customers and other external and internal parties.
- Advise Commercial Department to process Pro-forma Invoice, Bank Guarantee and other required actions.
- Liaise with Finance Department for Credit Insurance, Credit Block and temporary Credit Limits.
- Monitor and ensure timely issuance of credit/debit notes and claims by sales coordinators with proper approvals.
- Liaise with Legal Department for review of Spot and Long Term agreements / contracts.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the Line Manager.
- Liaise with Line Manager, management and any third party for buy and sell activity.
- Support and develop subordinates in achieving their performance target and provide guidance in managing performance by providing appropriate feedback, mentoring and counselling.
- Conduct performance reviews and manage overtime to ensure efficiency, nominate for training as per Muntajat guidelines.
- Approve regular vacation scheduling, business leave and emergency leave of subordinates in accordance with the Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Assist the Line Manager in train and develop staff, incl. the MIND program Developees.
HSSE / RC14001 Management
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental & security standards and procedures of Muntajat.
- Supports all the initiatives on health, safety, security and environment issues and works to solve problems and make continuous improvements to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Successful completion of secondary education
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management or equivalent from a recognized university preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in steel sales and marketing.
- Sound knowledge of steel product chemistry.
- Knowledge of global customers of steel rebars, wire rods and billets preferred.
- Experience in handling customer complaints & grievance.
- External stakeholder relations and management
- Computer literate and knowledgeable with MS Office Suite business applications
- Customer relationship management
- Strong Communication skills both (Verbal and Written)