Electrical Specialist (JO014385) Milan (province), Italy
• Provides Electrical system engineering expertise.
• Maintains close liaison with Head of Facilities and Facilities Team counterparts and gains alignment on Electrical system engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
• Owns the preparation and stewardship of Electrical system scope of work in contract and stewards design alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
• Collaborates with Qatar gas Operations to maintain alignment on Electrical system scope of supply.
• Provides Electrical system engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
• Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Electrical system engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
• Stewards the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to all Electrical system-related purchase orders and owns the Electrical system-related technical attachments and scope description to all fabrication and construction contracts.
• Stewards Electrical system engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program.
• Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating Electrical system engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
• Assesses contractor capability and ensures Electrical system engineering or other technical support is available to address gaps
• Stewards the Electrical system engineering schedule and critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
• Stewards the FEED contractor's Electrical system-related activities with respect to Electrical system engineering execution including:
o Knowledgeable of Facilities and Electrical system engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements
o Verifies that the FEED contractor staffs the Electrical system team with adequate numbers of qualified personnel.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor employs the appropriate Electrical system design tools, including computer hardware and software.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor adheres to all appropriate Electrical system specifications and standards.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor provides all contract documents for Electrical system scope, including those referred to in the contract.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor to controls the Electrical system scope, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and reporting.
o Verifies that the FEED contractor complies with design verification processes.
• Advise the FEED contractor’s Electrical system engineering and design organization with respect to:
o Compliance with Qatar gas policies for prevention of information brokering and compliance with business standards guidelines.
o Engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables.
o Staffing, including staffing plans, and personnel suitability and adequacy.
o Resolution of FEED contractor’s engineering claims, if any.
• Cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
• Broad and extensive knowledge of:
o Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
o Offshore facilities and structures design, construction, and operations
o Engineering administration
• Bachelors or master’s degree in related Electrical engineering discipline.
• 20+ years of closely related professional experience, 10+ years of which should be at the senior project engineering / engineering supervision level with overall responsibility for engineering execution
Knowledge and/or Experience
• Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results
• Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking)
• Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in Electrical system engineering disciplines
• Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
• Willing and able to travel as required
Technical and Business Skills
• Broad knowledge of design requirements of Electrical system engineering groups and disciplines
• Execute work in full compliance with Qatar gas Standards of Business Conduct and Qatar gas Project Management System (QGPMS)
• Broad range of experience and skills through related assignments (e.g. project, operations, engineering)