Piping/Layout Specialist (JO014397) Doha, Qatar
• Responsible for Operability of the unit or plant for start-up, normal, turndown and shutdown modes as well as abnormal operating conditions in defined area of responsibility.
• Participates in Hazardous Operations (HAZOP or HAZID) reviews
• Assists with QGMS expectations as required especially Risk Assessment, Facility Design and Construction and Management of Change.
• Tracking and reporting of lessons learned in defined area of responsibility.
• Monitor implementation of vendor documentation requirements and spare parts requirements.
• Works in a highly visible project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures.
• Works in a dynamic environment that has high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance which requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
• Well established awareness of policies and procedures with high expectations for business controls compliance and to further develop controls to meet changing needs.
• Effective team play who collaborates well and often with others with the highest levels of integrity and communication skills.
• Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors
• Bachelor degree in Engineering
Knowledge and/or Experience
• 15+ years of experience in discipline with at least five years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects.
• Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.
• Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
• Preferred for candidate to be already working in Houston area to ensure fast start to the work process.
Technical and Business Skills
• A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.