Buyer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (New Build Housing) (VAC-05) City Of Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum + car/allowance + package|
Buyer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (Up to £45,000 + Car Allowance + Company Perks)
About the Company
A UK leading house builder is currently looking to recruit a Buyer for their Manchester office on a 12 Month Contract. With a number of developments across the UK and plenty in the pipeline, this would be a great chance for an experienced buyer to have longevity within a position with a reputable company.
About the role
- Providing prices for all materials included in plans and drawings.
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products.
- Contacting suppliers and subcontractors to obtain quotations and agree delivery times.
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials.
- Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services.
- Providing advice to the project QS's on the cost of individual items.
- Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure accurate costs on the project.
- Preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business.
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured.
You will need
- Previous experience as a Buyer, Senior Buyer or Purchase Manager working on housing projects.
- Experience with material s procurement and subcontract experience.
- Good knowledge of house types (Traditional & Timber frame)
- Possibility of a permanent position.
- Salary, car allowance & company perks.
- Part of an experienced, growing team with a leading house builder.