Head of Reward and HCM Systems (JN -042022-5423718) Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP80000 - GBP90000 per annum + + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits|
As an active member of the HR Leadership Team (HRLT) the job will be the accountable owner for the management and ongoing development of the function’s Reward and HCM disciplines as well as a contributor to the overall HR strategy within the firm.
Details about the Client
Europe's biggest maker of retailer own brand household goods. The business also provides contract manufacturing for brand owners. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and has over 3000 employees and a turnover of approximately £750 million.
Head of Reward and HCM Systems
- A direct report of the CHRO and a member of the HR Leadership Team, managing accountability through a team of 5 colleagues (1 x Comp & Ben, 1 x Reporting & Job Evaluation, 3 x Workday HCM) based in the UK and Belgium.
- Will ensure that reward structures (pay, benefits and lifestyle packages) are competitive, and that they are designed and managed to attract and retain a quality workforce, drive productivity and profitable growth.
- Responsible for partnering in-country HR Managers through matrix working relationships with the compensation and benefits frameworks that exist across the company’s 8 European countries. Leads the annual overview of local collective labour agreements, indexation and merit increases, for ExCo approval and budget alignment.
- Ensures that the company's compensation and benefits packages and policies comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, such as minimum salaries and tax and national insurance liabilities. Will keep compensation and benefits packages and policies are kept up to date with any legislative changes and that the proposed changes are highlighted and discussed in advance.
- Mentors and trains local HR and Payroll colleagues on processes and professional practices within the areas of Reward and HCM systems.
- Responsible for job evaluation and salary benchmarking using Willis Towers Watson (WTW) methodology and data and will manage the 3rd party relationship with WTW.
- Will manage the company’s approach to and use of short and long term incentives (including PSP and RSU) through engagement and partnership with the ExCo members.
- Supports and advises senior leaders on compensation, benefits and compliance elements. Providing them with support and expert advice on compensation and benefits matters.
- Responsible for processes to enable monthly reporting (data and dashboards) for ExCo, Divisions and Group Finance.
- Will work in partnership with the Company Secretary and external remuneration advisors on drafting the Director’s Remuneration Report (DRR) as part of the company’s annual reporting process as well as supporting the CHRO with RemCo papers and reports as and when required
- Responsible for the operational run and development of the company’s Workday HCM system through team and also via 3rd Party AMS relationship with Alight and Workday Customer Care’.
- Will lead work streams for the company’s 2 year HR Digital Transformation Programme and manage 3rd party relationships with Alight (for Workday) and ADP (for payroll / time & attendance).
- A member of the company’s DC pension scheme governance committee as well as the Group’s ‘Risk Council’.
- Devised and maintained a regular project reporting mechanism for the HR team and relevant business leaders
- Deliver qualitative compensation and benefits advice and guidance to Senior Leaders, contributing to the overall business performance by close attention to business goals in the provision of this service
- Ensure professional and effective application of employment law in the area of Compensation & Benefits; ensure that legal compliance is confirmed by absence of any significant legal or regulatory failure
- Create an atmosphere and culture of open and effective employee relations supported by HR practice, procedures, policies and benefits
Head of Reward and HCM Systems
- Will act as a senior manager of diverse professionals with primarily operational responsibilities and often having an indirect input into the operating strategy.
- Will act as a leading professional recognised as a subject matter and technical expert within the company in the disciplines of Reward and HCM contributing to thought leadership for inn these areas.
- Sets policy and ensures delivery within area of responsibility linking with other parts of the organisation.
- Able to communicate, present and influence up to ExCo level within an organisation.
- Experience of working in a global or international organisation operating within highly matrixed structures.
- Demonstrative practice and ownership of reward design, planning, and run of annual cycles.
- Certificates in job evaluation methodologies. Ideally Willis Towers Watson (WTW) but if not then Hay Korn Ferry or Mercer methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of market data and bench-marking practices including approaches to executive compensation.
- Experience of Directors Remuneration Reporting requirements.
- Experience of implementation or ownership of Cloud based HCM systems. Idealy Workday but if not then tier 1 such as SAP or Oracle.
- Strong project management and change management skills with ability to coordinate cross-functional projects from concept to implementation, on an group scale.
- Expected to deal with highly sensitive and confidential organisation and employee data.
£80,000 - £90,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus and Benefits