ICT Consultant (AW00060) Hackney, England
|Salary:||GBP21000 - GBP28000 per annum|
£21k - £28k + benefits
Our client are looking for a talented and motivated 2nd Line Supported who has a real flair for technology mixed and thrives on providing exemplary customer service to join our regional team in London East supporting schools in the Borough of Hackney.
As an ICT Consultant you will help and support schools across the Hackney to improve the standard of their ICT provisions and enable them to deliver effective teaching and learning through ICT solutions. You will be confident and competent in maintaining school computer equipment, install new and existing software across the network, provide technical support for users and resolve identified technical problems. You will also have good knowledge of common user applications and experience of using Microsoft Office365.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years’ experience in working in a previous 2nd line support role preferably in the education sector although not essential.
You will be passionate about all things IT with a strong technical background, be self-motivated and enjoy providing excellent customer service. This role requires you to be a team player, have strong communication and organisation skills along with a courteous manner with the ability to explain technical issues in layman’s terms to our customers.
You should be able to work independently and have an aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services provided by your team.
- Resolve and manage any technical issues that impacts the running of the school’s function by providing robust technical solutions.
- Provide internal network support.
- Lead on the installation or repair of computers with standardised applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving problems that develop in their operations.
- Responsible for a wide range of technical duties associated with the computer network and desktop services, primarily in connection with existing installations and upgrading of these installations. (Desktop computers, iPads, printers, telephones, scanners, projectors, pa equipment, AV lecterns and hardware)
- Ensure that all server recovery material that are required to recover server are readily available at the school and kept in a safe and secure place
- Ensure school details are entered on the correct system and server details are kept up to date
- If technically possible, ensure the remote log in software is installed on server and that Our client’s account is on the server.
The role is offered on a full-time basis and successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks.
In return, we are offering a salary of between £21,000 - £28,000 negotiable for the right person, a TFL annual travel card zone 1-6, benefits include a salary sacrifice pension scheme, benefits & wellbeing hub including access to an eye care voucher scheme, cycle scheme, mental health first aid and employee assistance programme.
Our client provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to over 950 schools across the Southeast of England. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
Our client is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected, and we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff.