1st Line IT Support Engineer (AW000221) Abingdon, England
|Salary:||GBP18000 - GBP21000 per annum|
1st Line IT Support Engineer
£18,000 - £21,000
Our client are a local Internet, Telecoms and IT Support provider based in Milton Park. We are the telecoms and internet provider of choice for many businesses around Oxfordshire due to their extensive knowledge and 30 + years of experience. We offer strategic business solutions and a wide range of services to businesses within Milton Park, Grove Business Park, Harwell Campus as well as catering for businesses in other locations.
About the role
- Sector: IT
- Contract type: Permanent/Onsite
- Salary: up to £21k per year
Our ideal candidate will have
The passion and desire to learn in a fast-paced environment. You will provide technical assistance to staff and our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems with our IT team. Some IT experience/background would be desirable and would suit a candidate who would like to advance their career gaining hands on experience.
This is a junior position, and you will be supported to develop your skills and progress your career.
- To provide 1st line support to both internal and external customer via Phone, email, and Face to Face.
- Log, monitor and respond to support calls in our helpdesk.
- Configure new laptop/desktop setups for clients.
- Ensure sufficient information is available to enable issues to be investigated and resolved.
- Escalate issues to 2nd/3rd line support as appropriate.
- Update and maintain a knowledge base to ensure future issues can be resolved quickly.
- Supporting reception staff and users of meeting rooms to ensure smooth running or the hardware/software and Wi-Fi/network services.
- Patching in our comms room and updating documentation.
- Troubleshooting issues and responding to general IT requests
- Fixing hardware issues, liaising with hardware providers for items under warranty
- Maintain Software and Hardware Asset registers
- Creating user accounts and performing access control
- Keeping up to date with best practises in IT administration
Skills and Experience:
- Any experience/knowledge of Windows OS environments advantageous
- MSO365 experience advantageous
- Highly organised with attention to detail required
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Comfortable working with technical and non-technical people
- Desire to learn
- Positive and approachable demeanour
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Company Pension
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) 3
- Birthdays off and Xmas shopping day
- Annual and Quarterly employee recognition awards – with prizes
- Bonuses reviewed annually
- We also have company food days and social events
- Being based on Milton Park means you can get involved in the events, clubs, and classes available in the workplace.