IT Network Manager (AW000235) Oxford, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum|
IT Network Manager
Key job purpose
The Network Manager has overall management and operational responsibility for the school’s IT network systems.
Areas of responsibility Desktop & Application and Support:
- Performing advanced diagnosis procedures on problems related to hardware. Peripherals and applications.
- Following instructions to efficiently and effectively install and upgrade client/server applications.
- Identifying and installing relevant and essential software patches.
- Identifying and giving appropriate advice on compatibility of applications with existing systems, based on user requirements.
- Giving appropriate level of advice on compatibility of hardware and OS.
Server & Network Support:
- Designing and installing network infrastructure to meet the needs of supported schools.
- Managing, installing, and setting basic configuration options for equipment such as switches, bridges, routers, and wireless access points.
- Installing additional servers and upgrading the network operating system.
- Set up firewalls and maintain internet filter systems.
- Manage remote access to the school’s intranet and network services.
- Installing software and trouble-shooting installation problems.
- Maintaining hardware and software on the server.
- Managing network access rights.
- Establishing and monitoring appropriate systems logs.
Configuration & Installation:
- Designing and applying processes that are relevant to the school environment and report on the effectiveness and impact of the processes.
- Design, implement and monitor the school procedures on receiving and testing ICT equipment.
- Managing the collection of appropriate access to, and storage of data. Website Management.
Line manage the IT Network Technician to:
- Create, develop, and manage content for the school’s web presence.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- Maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies.
- Assure all web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Track and report on all site metrics.
- Liaise with website design team to resolve any website problems.
- Be available to upload content remotely.
Continuity, Maintenance & Security:
- Maintain and regularly review whole-school system contingency plans.
- Developing and implementing a maintenance schedule.
- Identifying failing systems and suggesting solutions.
- Designing and implementing the school backup and virus protection.
- Ensuring school policy on staff and pupil access to data and files is implemented.
- Implement, appropriate security systems to protect hardware, data, and confidential information.
Support Request Management:
- Interpreting detailed diagnostic information.
- Prioritising the resolution of problems and determining whether external support is required.
- Producing and analysing separate incident and problem reports for management purposes.
- Producing reports from support logs to provide basic management information on the volume and nature of requests.
- Analysing the support logs to produce management reports and help plan future support service developments.
- Allocating tasks between support staff in line with service demands.
- Advising leadership team on area of CPD, based on support log analysis.
- Creating and maintaining e-mail and MIS accounts including liaising with Google Support.
Internal Support & Arrangements:
- Assisting and recommending to the school managers internal and external support arrangements and contracts required to deliver an effective ICT service in the school.
- Report and monitor progress against agreed service levels (both internal and external).
- Collating data to inform a review process of the standards achieved by internal support staff.
Strategy & Planning:
- Identifying software, hardware and working practices to enable the development of ICT to support improvements in teaching and learning.
- Planning and implementing changes to elements of the ICT service.
Budget & People Management:
- Supporting the effective implementation of the school’s financial and accounting procedures.
- Management of the annual IT budget.
- Carrying out the effective supervision of the IT Network Technician.