Information Security Architecture Specialist (AW00054) Eastleigh, England
|Salary:||GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum|
Job Title: Information Security Architecture Specialist
Salary Range: £35,000 - £45000
Information Security Architecture Specialist: As a result of our clients growth they are looking for an Assurance and Architecture Specialists to join their Information Security department in Eastleigh.
Reporting into the Assurance and Architecture Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and operating the day to day activities relating to security, initiatives, controls and governance processes. As Assurance and Architecture Specialist you will be responsible for the successful delivery of security controls within projects and will provide security assurance on project changes and implement controls in-line with risks. You will have 1-3 years’ experience in Assurance and Architecture or a related subject area and will have excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain complex IT concepts to all levels. Please note that this role will be initially working from home, however once safe to do so, the role will be a mixture of working from home and in our Eastleigh office.
Main Responsibilities as Information Security Architecture Specialist:
- Support the A&A Manager to represent the information security department on change, architecture and projects.
- Provide InfoSec assurance activities across the business change function, ensuring controls are correctly designed and implemented.
- Review and comment on design artifacts such as Conceptual designs, HLD, LLD’s.
- Act as the SME for Information Security related queries.
- Provide a risk-based approach to project assurance, communicating residual risk to stakeholders.
- Support on the delivery of the Information Security assurance plan on an annual basis to confirm the ongoing effectiveness of security controls across the business.
- Define and maintain relevant security architectural standards.
- Support the design of the Enterprise Security Architecture
- Blueprint ensuring it remains fit for purpose and aligns with the evolving business strategy.
- Work alongside the A&A Manager to communicate the Enterprise Security Architecture Blueprint and other relevant principles to stakeholders Provide architectural oversight to projects ensuring adherence to the security architectural standards.
- Assist in Information Security incidents as required, and where necessary, support Compliance and HR investigations into data breaches or systems misuse.
- Adapt communication style to suit audience, developing effective mechanisms to disseminate information to colleagues.
Skills and experience you need as an Information Security Architecture Specialist:
- Strong understanding of all security principles and underlying technologies and how they apply to technological and business solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to design security operations, procedures, policies and assurance activities.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing with good questioning and listening skills.
- A good understanding and practical experience of Information Security processes, policies and tools. Background in ISO27001, CISM, CISSP, knowledge of Data Protection / GDPR, Information Security Forum, CiiSec
- Understanding of information security controls in particular those relating to assurance, business process, governance, risk and education
- Good analysis and decision making skills, work well under pressure with excellent team working capabilities
- Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to engage with colleague at all levels
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Information Security Architecture Specialist role based in Eastleigh:
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount. Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review. Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy,
- discounted gym membership,
- cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.