LGV/HGV CAT C+E Class 1 Stores Driver (Stores-AL) Hemel Hempstead, England
|Salary:||GBP44000 - GBP45000 per annum + Pension, free parking, X-mas bonus|
Are you looking for a secure, Full and Part-time driving career?
Are you a newly-qualified driver looking for your first driving opportunity?
We are looking for full-time and part-time Class 1 HGV Drivers for our Hemel Hempstead Depot who are interested in working for a multi-customer, market-leading Logistics Company on a permanent basis.
We accept applications from all Drivers including Novice Drivers who have less than 1 Years’ experience providing you pass our Gist specific driving assessment.
Offering a competitive salary up to £44,000.00 OTE, with associated premiums.
We are looking for hard-working and dedicated individuals to join our friendly team who are looking to get fully involved and make a difference every day.
You will work as part of a dedicated team delivering products from our Hemel Hempstead Depot to multiple M&S Stores across the South East whereby you will be involved with the customer, unloading and delivery of the product. You will also work to collect products from our Suppliers and other Gist Depots to deliver these to our distribution centre.
Working as part of a close-knit team, we are offering full-time and part-time opportunities available.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we are able to offer the following:
- Regular start times (between 01:00 - 05:00)
- Overtime opportunities
- A Customer-centric job role
- You will ensure that you achieve:
- On-time delivery
- Secure and safe working practices
- Be an active part of the team
- Contracts of Full and Part-time hours
- Weekend working and evening shifts available
- Premiums for unsocial and weekend hours
- Overtime opportunities
- 28 days Annual Leave per annum Pro-rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Healthcare Cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Opportunities to earn a Christmas bonus
- Fixed shift pattern
- Canteen serving hot and cold food
- Free On-Site Car Parking
- Bicycle Park
- Free Uniform and PPE provided
- Lockers provided
- TV in the employees' rest areas
- Life Assurance 4 x Basic Salary
- Career Progression opportunities throughout our network
What you'll need to succeed
- The drive to pursue your goals with passion, enthusiasm and tenacity.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently to maximise your personal contribution to the business.
- You will be approachable and friendly, a team player who can help energise and encourage those around you.
- A safety-first approach to your work and your environment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to complete your work accurately.
- To share and demonstrate our company values; customer partnership, excellence, innovation and people.
- The ability to communicate well with those around you
- A safety-first approach to driving
- Focus and dedication to quality service at all times
- LGV Class 1 (HGV C+E)
- CPC qualified
Where will Gist take you?
People are fundamental to Gist and we recognise their importance to our success. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people. Gist is unique because of the people it employs. We are looking for approachable and friendly applicants who share our people-focused values and vision to succeed.
It is our aim that everyone who works for Gist feels valued, appreciated and can see how the work they do fits into the bigger picture. We put a key emphasis on involvement, training and progression at Gist with our apprenticeship and LEAD development programmes just two examples of our commitment to investing in our employees’ potential.
At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer’s first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
Our expertise lies in transforming large-scale, end-to-end supply chains for our food retail customers. With a national network of strategically placed sites, state-of-the-art technology and the largest temperature-controlled transport fleet in the UK, you’d be joining the UK’s leading temperature-controlled logistics provider.
Gist Limited is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information, for further details please visit our Gistworld website, careers section, Applicants Privacy Notice.