Margin Accountant (TFSI-00001) Port Louis, Mauritius
- Direct cost analyses (review consultant timesheets, expenses and etc)
- Account receivable part (to process invoices)
- Dealing with Treasury (to send forecasts, process payments, online banking and etc)
- Cash collection (to prepare and send SoA to Clients, payment allocations)
- Month end booking and closing (accruals, reversals of accruals, provisions and etc)
Job description (Responsibilities & Accountabilities)
- Sets-up the financial conditions of the consultant contract and client contract in the payroll and invoicing tool.
- Receives and checks the approved Time Sheets and expense claims from Consultant.
- Processes the payroll of each Consultant according to the monthly Timesheet and contract.
- Put the salary payment online according to the internal schedule and send monthly pay slip to consultant.
- Books and keeps track of cash advances given to Consultants.
- Invoices the client, and sends the Courier according to the internal schedule.
- Posts accounting entries for all payroll cost transactions and invoices for revenue transactions during month-end.
- Ensures that for any unprocessed salaries at the time of closing, and non-invoiced amounts are accrued at month end.
- Participates in the margin and cost analysis and liaise with Cost Controller any factors with material impact on the margin.
- Works closely with the Payroll Team Leader for cash collection; Sends monthly statement of accounts and customer payment reminders.
- Provides clarifications of pay slips and invoices as and when required.
- Makes a reconciliation of AR and generate a report for upper management as needed.
- Validates subcontractor invoices related to consultant; Advice accrual amount in the list of missing subcontractor invoices provided by Accounting; Coordination with Accounting Department for any discrepancies
- Books intercompany invoices related to consultants.
- Follows up missing POs/contracts to concerned persons.
- Follows up POs amount against invoicing – alert when invoicing amount is close or exceeding the PO amount
- Attends to auditors during interim/year-end audit and provide audit requirements needed.
Employee Profile [Educational Qualification, Skills & Experience]:
- Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Knowledge of Accountancy and IT skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Working between inter companies and exposure in an international group of companies is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable in Navision 2013
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills are mandatory
- Ability to communicate fluently with Consultants and understand their requirements.
- Ability to harness a working environment which encourages team work, energy and problem-solving skills
- Able to report and take necessary action for escalation
- IT Skills like MS Word, and Excel are mandatory