Full Charge Bookkeeper (377391) Hartford, Connecticut
SNI has partnered with a fast-growing manufacturing company in the Bristol area in their search for a full charge bookkeeper. This position offers the opportunity to work for a family-own and run business while still working for a very large and forward thinking organization. The ideal candidate will be working closely with the next-gen owners of the business to help take it into the future and wants to be part of that growth and close-knit leadership team.
Duties of the position include:
- Tracks charges and refunds.
- Prepares Financial statements.
- Informs management of any deviations from budget.
- Reconciles all revenues with the general ledger.
- Collects and organizes invoices and checks.
- Uses computer systems to record invoices, checks, account statements, and other financial information.
- Corroborates invoices with their associated work orders to ensure accuracy.
- Pays verified bills for accounts payable.
- Conducts and supervises maintenance of invoice files.
- Mails out checks, pays invoices, and makes bank account deposits.
- Compares bank statements with general ledger to corroborate finances.
- Checks balances against accounting receipt records.
- Processes a weekly or biweekly payroll and enters payroll information into the books.
- Utilizes software programs order to substantiate financial reports and value depreciable assets.
- Performs secretarial work such as answering incoming phone calls, answering routine inquiries, and providing front-desk service to customers.