Accounts Receivable Specialist (357692) North Brunswick, New Jersey
|Salary:||USD50000 - USD50000 per year|
The Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist will review current customer accounts, assist in cash functions, will analyze the A/R aging report, work with customers to resolve past due invoices and ensures cash receipts are processed in compliance with financial policies and procedures. This position also manages Accounts Payable responsibilities for two Company business units.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews A/R invoices and receipt of payments; also process A/P Check Run and A/P bills
- Updates 3rd party WH transactions and EDI Management On a daily basis checks and
- Retrieving copies of invoices to send via fax or mail for account resolution to sales tax consultant
- Documenting client communications in the receivables systems.
- Processing payments and following up on promised payments.
- Identifying, communicating and escalating issues to management or appropriate leader.
- Set up new customers and assist with updating new and existing customers credit limits and terms as required. Produce monthly statements for customers.
- Follows established procedures for cash application, account reconciliations and credit review
- Review and research unapplied cash receipts and payments
- Performs routine follow-up on COD customers and applies payments as necessary
- Balance batch amounts with the remittances received at multiple banks for multiple entities
- Reconciles customer balances with focus on resolving payment discrepancies and delinquencies
- Analyze complex customer accounts and resolve issues relating to weight, pricing, freight, and sales tax discrepancies; escalate unresolved issues/concerns when needed
- Calculate and post receipts to appropriate general ledger accounts and verify details of transactions, such as funds received and total account balances.
- Compile and sort documents, prepare and post invoices and credit and debit memos
- Provide back-up support to the AP specialist or others in the department, perform other general administrative duties, and take on Accounting projects as needed.
- Reconciles bank statement and account balances for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and complying with related policies and practice
- Handle customer credit inquiries
- Tag and approve vendor invoices and resolve any discrepancies both internally and with vendors
Secondary Job Functions:
- Prepares checklist of documents in preparation for annual audit.
- Creates filing folder system for new A/R calendar year
- Records sales and shipments and closes A/R on a monthly basis
- Quarterly processes sales and use tax related bills
- Order office supplies/consumables as needed
- Ensures full compliance with Company Safety policies, procedures, GMP’s, Ethical Business Practice, and SOP’s at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to learn and use other software and office technology such as ERP (Syspro) system and QB Software
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, and Word.
- Experience with general accounting principles, AR, AP, and general ledger
- Strong data entry skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, as well as internal and external customers
- Efficient, accurate, detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently under general supervision direction and be flexible on daily tasks
- Attitude to work in a cross-functional teamwork environment
Education and Experience:
- Associates in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years experience in AR