Test Engineer (TestEng) Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP22000 - GBP28000 per annum + Benefits|
£22,000 to £28,000 plus benefits
Our client is a leading manufacturer of automated products for a variety of industries.
- Responsible for the testing of all products available for reliability testing at their Manchester site.
- Setting up and carrying out hardware tests on system modules (e.g. selectors) as well as complete systems (e.g. stores)
- Carrying out various tests from component level to full system life cycle tests, to help assess their reliability.
- Serves as the primary technical interface with both design (Mechanical, Electrical and Software departments) and manufacture teams to prepare, perform and report on test activities required.
- Monitoring of hardware for faults.
- Working on own initiative, on various test projects.
- Identifying any problems/errors during the test, reporting them to the Engineering teams, applying analytical methods to find the failure cause, writing detailed test reports.
- Maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Consults with SW development engineers in resolution of problems, whilst suggesting possible improvements that can be made.
- Defining processes and test procedures,
- Creating and updating related documentation
- Logical thinking, and methodical approach to problem solving
- Preferably someone from an Electrical, mechanical, computing or general engineering background.
- Willingness to learn and tackle new technologies
- Hands on test, repair or maintenance background within a hardware or electromechanical product environment.
- Excellent PC skills and report writing skills. Predominately Excel and Word.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- An ability to record actions step by step in order to retrace steps when an issue is found.
- Excellent attention to detail and an eye for spotting anomalies.
- Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures required by the work.
- Preferably some Motion Control Experience but not compulsory as training will be provided.
How to APPLY
To apply for this position please send your updated CV through to this advert. For further clarify on any points please ring our DCS Recruitment office.