Mechanical Design Engineer (VC12560) Scarborough, England
|Salary:||GBP25000 - GBP28000 per annum|
Due to continued growth in an expanding market, we are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a small Design Team. Working in an industry leading manufacturing company, you will be excelling your skills as a Mechanical Design Engineer helping with projects for customers in a global market. The successful design engineer will have previously worked with UPS systems or generators ideally.
Working in the Scarborough area Monday-Friday, this role is commutable from Malton, York, Pickering, Driffield, Kirkbymoorside and Whitby.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will:
- Generate mechanical and/or panel layout designs to information detailed in the customer and companies specified requirements.
- Produce layout designs on the companies 2D AutoCAD and 3D SolidWorks CAD systems.
- Deal with outside personnel, present the company in a professional manner so as to enhance the reputation and standing of the company in the local community and within the industry.
- Liaise with the project lead electrical design engineer to ensure a fit for purpose design is created.
- Completing tasking in a timely manner while following Company rules, policies and procedures
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will have had experience in a manufacturing environment. You will have used Solidworks and possess a relative engineering qualification, ideally HNC/D level or above. Design experience is essential as well as I.T skills including 2D and 3D design software packages, sheet metal experience would also be a great advantage.
This is a great opportunity for a more junior Mechanical Design Engineer to further their career and take on a new challenge in a great industry. Working for an established business that great values, you will be offered a flexible salary with the opportunity for overtime.