Electrical Specialist (JO015014) Doha, Qatar
- Review and monitor project electrical design, including Engineering / Site Queries, Field Design Changes, Deviation Requests, Non-Conformance Reports and EPC Contractor design change or deviations from company directives ensuring compliance with management of change procedures.
- Monitor EPC Contractor’s performance and provide advice as necessary to make certain Company’s design philosophy and specifications are achieved by establishing clear communication with the EPC Contractor and monitoring contractor and vendor quality control effort.
- Champion initiatives with the EPC Contractor to deliver on the project objectives i.e. safety, quality, cost and schedule and review and monitor contractor’s electrical engineering construction effort making recommendations to Head of Facilities, Engineering Manager, and Project Engineers as necessary.
- Provide guidance and timely review on EPC Contractor’s electrical engineering designs and processes verifying fitness for purpose and compliance with contract requirements including codes and standards and ensure PMT or other technical support is available to address any gaps.
- Support Head of Facilities and Engineering Manager in delivery of the Engineering and Process design of electrical systems and coordinate the field installation of the EPCL electrical systems, providing start-up and commissioning support as required.
- Promote inter-departmental communications and encourage teamwork through managing the electrical engineering interface between Engineering, Operations, and Startup Team.
- Provide technical support and advice to project procurement and construction activities and support Head of Facilities and Engineering Manager in monitoring the EPC Contractor progress on delivery of the required documents in the electrical engineering discipline.
- Assist PMT in meeting Qatargas Project Management System (QGPMS) expectations.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts in respective disciplines involved in delivery of the processes related to electrical engineering.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience in the area of design and delivery of onshore / offshore oil and gas electrical systems and processes mechanical, HVAC, and electrical equipment. Experience in major capital projects, with knowledge of worldwide contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major onshore / offshore facilities, and operating in a multi-cultural environment is a must.