Operations Manager (532656) Auckland Airport, Auckland, New Zealand
Role: Operations Manager (Freight Forwarding)
Location: Airport Oaks
Salary: Up to $100K
Company: Our client is one of the world leaders in Supply Chain Logistics providing successful end to end solutions, with a global presence across 120 countries and a strong committment to forward innovation.
Role Purpose: Reporting to the General Manager, The Operations Manager will ensure the general cargo operations are carried out efficiently and profitably in accordance with branch objectives and export SOP, NZ Customs and other related regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient flow of all transactions in line with company policies on processing times and procedures.
- Ensure all jobs charged out at end of month
- Ensure budget business unit budget met each month
- Ensure 100% IRIS compliance is achieved each month
- Ensure all WIPS & accruals are managed in line with business rules
- Drive project improvement projects through the business
- Formulate and recommend effective operational policies through the business
- Provide guidance and support for business unit staff
- Meet all quality and environmental & OHS criteria
- Maintain control over debtor and creditor accounts
- Be a senior person of the RACA 109 program
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years freight forwarding experience.
- Competent computer skills.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills, ideally six sigma training
- Accounting methods and practices relevant to freight forwarding
Impex Personnel is the leading specialist provider of International Transport and Logistics staff in Australasia. We are committed to providing great people to our clients, you will be subject to a pre-employment health assessment, alcohol and drug testing, an ACC check and also a Ministry of Justice criminal conviction history check. You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role
Contact: For a confidential discussion please call Ane on 021 467 500 / 09 256 6592