Ship Agency Operator ( Omani National) (2023EXC08SP068) Oman
|Salary:||OMR600 - OMR601 per month|
Attending all vessels within the scope of responsibility, in compliance with applicable work processes, standards and procedures, with special attention to correct, accurate and timely use of the operating system.
The Ships Agency Operator reports to the Ships Agency Manager / Ships Agency Operations Manager.
This position has the authority to act within this functional description.
- Attend and board vessels as required and as directed by respective Manager, in accordance with our SOP and Customer Requirements.
- Responsible for the effective coordination of assigned port calls.
- Advice on selection of contractors for goods and services provided to principals, including submission of competitive quotations, as required.
- Ensure compliance with Port Services processes, standards and procedures, including correct use of the operating system (WASP).
- Ensure mandatory use of WASP as reporting tool in compliance with the SOP.
- Ensure proper monitoring of the vessel and attendance to any follow up enquiries.
- Ensure correct amount of pre-funding are received or the correct level of authority has approved any deviation, prior to performing the Port Call. Same to be ensured when additional funding required prior vessel’s sailing.
- Establish and maintain vessel’s files and ensure that all transactional systems are updated real time.
- Ensure proactive, efficient and timely communication at all times.
- Report leads, business opportunities and relevant port updates observed to Manager.
- Monitor and record expenses that arises during vessels’ port call.
- Ensure Cash-in-Transit (Cash to Master) as per WPS procedure.
- Proactively follow up, check and approve supplier’s invoices.
- Ensure cost effectively Vessel Operations.
- Comply with WPS PPE Standard when working in ports/onboard vessels.
- QHSSE matters in own function – use of TAKE 5 as appropriate.
- Provide input to improve the operational and cost efficiency of the port call
This position will be measured against:
- Ensure consistent high level of accuracy of deliverables.
- Meet or exceed annual KPI’s targets for Port Services performance.
- Maritime background and experience from Ships Agency Operations.
- Good communication skills and command of the in English language (oral and written).
- Process and system understanding.
- Self-motivated and result orientated.
- Proactive and possesses ability to anticipate issue to facilitate preventive measures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills with ability to make fast and sound judgement.
- Ability to effectively plan & direct an operation without compromising on safety to personnel and vessel.
- Good motivator and team leadership skills.
- Familiar with Port & local Authorities regulations, procedures and governing tariffs.
- Computer literate.