Service Consultant /Technician – Fire & Explosion Protection (2022EXC04SP025) United Arab Emirates
|Salary:||AED15000 - AED20000 per month + Bonus|
The ideal candidate has to perform 2 main roles:
- Field Service Engineer; commissioning and servicing Explosion Protection equipment at customer sites across the MENA region
- Filling Station Operative; running the in-house gas filling station and preparing equipment (pressurised gas cylinders and associated connecting hoses / valves etc) to be delivered to customers
Primary – Field Services (delivered on customer site):
- Perform site inspections and prepare customer-friendly fire and explosion risk analysis, reports.
- Coordinate with relevant regional manager(s) to generate a suitable proposal, addressing identified risks.
- Safely and accurately perform on-site commissioning and preventative maintenance on electronic and mechanical fire and explosion protection equipment.
Secondary – Workshop Operation (delivered in-house):
- Use in-house equipment, including hoist, pneumatic equipment, and forklift to safely handle equipment, including gas transfer and pressurized containers.
- Assemble, test, pack and prepare relevant customs and shipping documents to fulfil on-demand customer orders.
- Help perform equipment demonstrations and training for visiting customers.
- Maintain proper and safe housekeeping of the production floor.
- Document inventory levels and manage inventory reorder points in coordination with Customer Services for on time stocks replenishment.
The Ideal Person
- Candidate must be based in the Middle East
- Must have a Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 yrs. of hands of experience with any fire & explosion protection industry.
- Good command of English language, including reading and writing.
- Capable of utilizing computer and mobile tools to effectively communicate via email, reports, presentations, procedures writing and conference calls.
- Able to perform physically demanding tasks, occasionally in hot and humid Middle East summer weather.
- Capable of working safely at elevated heights and within confined spaces, when needed.
- Capable of traveling frequently, and occasionally within short notice, within the MEIA region, including remote locations.
- Capable of traveling to the US and/or Europe for training, when needed.
- Licensed to drive within the UAE.
- Technically inquisitive and hands-on.
- Pleasant and respectful personality with the ability to handle pressure in a calm, analytical and solution-focused approach.
- Comfortable and experienced working on both mechanical and electronic systems.
- Strong fault finding, commissioning and maintenance background.
- Prior experience with fire and explosion protection systems is desirable.
- PLC and control system knowledge is desirable.
- Experience working in manufacturing or large-scale processing environments is desirable.
- CompEx / NFPA training and ATEX zoning experience are desirable.