Electrical Engineer (2019-126) Aberdeen, Maryland
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Provide engineering support to the Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD) on Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Serve as project lead for multiple customer directed threat replications and/or electromechanical prototypes.
- Perform reverse engineering to develop design package (layout, schematic, Gerber files) of replicated threat devices
- Serves as project lead for multiple customer directed threat replications and/or electromechanical prototypes.
- Perform reverse engineering to develop design package (layout, schematic, Gerber files) of replicated threat devices.
- Develop technical package for replicated devices to include operating instructions, build instructions, testing instructions, and V&V tracking.
- Perform prototype design from customer requirements and develop associated design and technical packages.
- Utilize benchtop test equipment to perform Verification and Validation (V&V) on replicated devices and prototype designs.
- Perform all functional duties independently.
- Collaborate with Electronics Technician/assembler resolve design and documentation discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineer to ensure cohesive electro-mechanical design and integration.
- Responsible for the sourcing, acquisition, and tracking of all required components for each assigned project.
- TS/SCI clearance.
- BS/BA Degree (or) Associates degree and 3 years of experience (OR) High School and 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of CAD programs for electronic design.
- Ability to design circuit boards from customer requirements.
- Skilled in technical writing to include operating instructions, build instructions, and V&V reports.
- Ability to solder and use hand tools.
- Understanding of electronic testing and V&V processes.
- Knowledge of bench-top test equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot PCBs.
- Skilled in written and oral communication.