Operations Manager-Port Services (2023EXC09SP077) Oman
|Salary:||OMR1600 - OMR1800 per month + benefits as per Oman Law|
1. Overall responsible for the country port operations and P/L
2. Ensure that Port Services performance and service quality is according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and within the defined KPI including EBIT deliverables.
3. Ensure profitable port operations by increasing revenue, whilst driving efficiencies to control costs.
4. Identify new business and sales opportunities in the territory/country and work with Port Services sales to promote local ports to customers.
5. Ensure the correct amount of pre-funding is received, or the correct level of authority has approved any deviation, prior to performing the port call, in line with the Chart of Authority. The same is to be ensured when additional funding is required before the vessel’s sailing.
6. Responsible for supporting and ultimately driving the collection of spot port call receivables.
7. Proactively identify new means of achieving cost savings, including vendor discounts on behalf of the principal.
8. Selecting, appointing, and evaluating vendors and suppliers, ensuring compliance with procurement governance.
9. Ensure procedures relevant to Disbursement Accounts production are implemented and optimized.
10. Ensure efficient and competent resources are appointed at port location(s) and changes are made to the team wherever relevant in close consultation with TM to meet desired performance deliverables.
11. Ensure onboarding and regular training are conducted for all employees.
12. Overall Port Services QHSSE & ESG compliance within assigned Territory and use of Take 5 as appropriate.
13. Post departure analyze the port call and communicate to the customer the provided added value.
14. Oversee ML Operations and drive synergies