Construction Delivery Manager (9th May 2022) England
- Support the contract partners in their delivery of the works packages to enable efficient delivery of the of their sections of works.
- Recommend temporary measures to mitigate against safety and/or quality concerns. Follow up by taking appropriate and proportionate action (e.g. issue communications, call meetings) to avoid the cessation of works. This includes but is not limited to review of documents, assurance audits, etc.
- Monitor works on site record findings in a construction daily site log, ensuring information is reported up through the organisation to the Senior Construction Delivery Manager. Escalate any issues/concerns via detailed reports.
- Proactively communicate/co-ordinate with site functions (H&S, quality, surveillance, commercial, project controls, logistics) and other Construction Delivery Managers to maintain good communication links, and ensure activity is well and timely reported. This will also include regular attendance at pre-start briefings and supporting the delivery of key messages to the contractor’s organisation.
- Organise and conduct PLOD/PLOW meetings with the contractor, ensuring outputs are recorded and issued to the Senior Construction Delivery Manager.
- Undertake and record safety and/or assurance inspections that support the project HSPI’s.
- Ensure clear, two-way communication with the Senior Construction Delivery Manager so that all activities and issues are directed appropriately.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience and knowledge in delivering projects, including construction sequencing, recovery plans and resource allocation.
- Good understanding of the post holder’s obligations under the CDM Regulations.
- Able to write informative, concise and meaningful reports.
- Motivate and energise contract partners by building a climate of trust and understanding and actively seeking alternative views and opinions.
- Possess excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Construction management, or equivalent vocational training and experience.
- SMSTS or IOSH qualification holder.
- Collaborate with other managers to effectively manage operations of the site
- Adopt a results-focussed mind set, using initiative and taking personal responsibility and accountability to ensure necessary action is taken to deliver excellence, value and quality.
- Able to deliver results when working under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of operating in a high security environment is advantageous.
- Experience within the Nuclear environment is advantageous but can be off-set by experience within large Civil Engineering/Building/MEH projects.
The Office of Nuclear Regulation requires a specific level of nuclear specific knowledge that is graded to reflect seniority of the post. The requirements cover general industry competencies gathered by education, training and experience. site specific requirements will be gained by an extensive specific training programme that all employees must attend.