Quality Management Lead ( Electrical / I&C) (16022022) England
• Implement the quality execution plan within the Programme and undertaken reviews and
checks to ensure quality is delivered by the supply chain efficiently and in accordance with
programme quality requirements;
• Review, accept and monitor CQAPs provided by the supply chain;
• Supporting Quality Auditors in the prompt resolution of audit findings within the supply chain.
• Ensure quality management processes are correctly applied.
• Ensure supply chain quality outcome is achieved using Project Quality Control Plans.
• Ensure supplier quality control requirements are adequately specified within contract
documentation submitted in the Invitation To Tender.
• Coordinate and lead NNB review and acceptance of relevant quality documentation
• Supporting the determination and application of strategies for the progressive provision of Life
Time Quality Records (LTQR) by contractors and lead implementation of LTQR reviews;
• Ensure manufacturing surveillance per contract is applied in a graded approach through
surveillance offers and performance monitoring of inspection agencies.
Coordinate, monitor and improve the efficiency of manufacturing documentation review and
inspection activities performed by sub-contracted inspection agencies;
• Perform in-factory manufacturing inspection when required (UK, France or worldwide);
• Support the monitoring and technical resolution of manufacturing non-conformances including
the management of corrective and preventative actions.
• Responsible for the review and delivery of the end of manufacturing records, leading to the
quality release of equipment to the construction site;
• Support the coordination on review and acceptance of End of Manufacturing Reports (EOMR),
End of Construction Status Reports (ECSR) and End of Erection Status Reports (EESR).
• Produce quality documentation (e.g. learning reports, lessons learnt reviews) as required;
• Provide regular reporting to the Quality Management Manager
Knowledge & Skills
• Position requires experience in project delivery, preferably in the nuclear power sector, with significant
focus on project quality, with a solid understanding of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control in
major projects across engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning.
• A clear and considerable understanding of quality management best practice for deployment by large,
complex and contract-led organisations.
• Confident and articulate communicator, able to prepare presentation material, and comfortable
addressing individuals, small groups and very large audiences.
• Able to support and implement practical solutions, whilst remaining open to the ideas of others.
• Analysis of data, preparing reports and making recommendations.
• The ability to influence and to provide constructive challenge which is accepted by others.
• The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Pro-active and flexible, being prepared to plan and work on own initiative.
• Fluent in English language.
• Knowledge of the nuclear sector, ideally new build.
• Knowledge & understanding of nuclear site license conditions.
• Ability to speak French is advantageous.
• Knowledge of pressure and nuclear codes
• Knowledge of Welding, Non Destructive Testing (NDT), Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE)
Qualifications & Experience
• A HNC/HND qualification or degree in a relevant science or engineering subject, or equivalent
• Experience in ensuring compliance with international standards such as GSR Part 2 and ISO9001
• Proven track record of working in major projects, delivering results and implementing quality related
• Proven leadership experience working in a quality assurance/control environment within the nuclear
industry or other relevant safety critical industry.
• Proven experience of interaction and resolving issues with a wide range of stakeholders in a multicultural
• Hold a professional accreditation
• Corporate Member or working towards membership of the Chartered Quality Institute & Chartered
• Commercial exposure, especially supplier management
• Experience of interacting with regulators e.g. the ONR.