Production Engineer (32333) Worcester, England
|Salary:||GBP28000 - GBP35000 per annum + + benefits package|
Position: Production Engineer (mechanical bias)
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 + OT + company benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer to join our business in Worcester. We are looking for a Production Engineer with a mechanical bias with good experience and understanding of production processes. Prior knowledge of CNC machining/Tooling or a background from the sheet metal industry sector would be an advantage although not essential. The Production Engineer should ideally be from an industrial engineering, manufacturing or production environment.
Key skills & qualifications required for the Production Engineer:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering, engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification.
- Previous experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience with Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques would be highly beneficial.
- Experience with leading or supervising teams in an assembly, production, or manufacturing environment.
- A good understanding of Mechanical engineering principles.
- General knowledge of production processes.
- Knowledge of CNC Machinery, Tooling or Machining processes would be advantageous.
- You should be self-motivated with good time management for high pressure situations.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Defining and documenting assembly procedures.
- Ability to read, interpret, engineering drawings.
- Appreciation of health and safety requirements.
- An ability to make process and productivity improvements.
- A good numerate ability for costing exercises.
- An appreciation of production control methods.
- IT skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Some knowledge of CAD would be useful although not essential.
- Some experience of using ERP/MRP systems would be useful.
- Valid Driving Licence and Passport.
The Production Engineer vacancy offers a pathway to a fulfilling career in a highly advanced, technical engineering and automation field with many opportunities for development, training and advancement. If you have the passion and commitment to develop a career with a highly advanced automation engineering business, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.